All of the information in this booklet is based on the data at the government’s social security web site www.ssa.gov effective for 2019, unless otherwise stated. But rather than repeat the rules, we show you how to USE the rules in plain English to maximize what you have coming to you. Figures change annually, so consult the government’s web site for 2019 and later.
We answer five questions for you:
1. Can you do anything to potentially increase your social security check before you retire?
2. At what age is it best to start social security?
3. How can married couples help maximize the joint benefits?
4. What methods are available to reduce or avoid tax on your social security benefits?
5. How can you earn money and still collect social security benefits?